Tuesday, December 29, 2009

New Year's Bugs


Today, December 29th, means the New Year is just around the corner. So what are we going to do about it? Seems like this is an eternal question - how to embrace the opportunity for a new beginning - how to start - where to go?

As I was pondering this question, the bugs came to mind. For me a bug is something that gets in my way emotionally, personally, maybe even spiritually. It isn't always as cute as this little lady bug, but it offers a chance to scrutinize some part of life that isn't working smoothly. When I am brave I can even call the little bug a gift, as she nudges me to work through an issue that I want to ignore. Even though many of the bugs are small, they cause me to stumble and not move through life as gracefully as I would like.

I am going to figure out which bug needs attention before January 1 and plan to do some work on it. When that bug moves on, there will probably be another one to take her place. Imagine how lovely life will be by 2011 if I can systematically tackle my bug problems through this year.

Identifying one of them and working on it seems doable. Looking at the whole nest of them is overwhelming. Picking one at a time is a task I can handle.

Do you have any bugs in your life?
Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment