Friday, March 26, 2010

Showing Up


I have been so busy getting ready to leave town for a week that I have hardly noticed anything going on around me - let alone any meaningful moments. My horse, Andy, and I are going away tomorrow for a barn vacation. I was given a grant by the United States Dressage Federation which allows me to ride with an instructor of my choice without the distractions of home and work - what a gift.

What does this have to do with marking a moment? At this point I feel that showing up is significant. Closing down my duties, packing the horse trailer, packing the camper, packing me and leaving have been keeping me busy with lists and more lists. It is such a big deal to get out of here that I was almost ready to bail, but I haven't. Instead I have chosen to show up at the appointed time and place and await the magic that will happen.

When you choose to show up for whatever occasion you feel is worthwhile, then you will be available for whatever happens. Believe me, you are there for a reason. Be aware of the moments when you are not sure what to do - to go or not to go. Trust your intuition to help guide you. When you think of significant times in your life, notice the ones where you have shown up and what that has meant to you and others - on many levels. Don't underestimate the importance of your presence. No one else can do what you do and be who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment